Sunday, March 27, 2011

China Glaze Island Escape Swatches!

Hi Guys!!
China Glazes' newest collection 'Island Escape' got released a bit early at my local Chatters! Sooooooooo, I ran out and got it today to swatch for you guys!!
Left to right: Electric Pineapple, Cha Cha Cha, Blue Iguana, Papaya Punch, 108 Degrees, Senorita Bonita
 Just to let you guys know, these were such difficult polishes to take photos of. Maybe it could be that it is night time or something, but some of the colours came out darker and such.
Left to right: Electric Pineapple, Cha Cha Cha, Blue Iguana, Papaya Punch, 108 Degrees, Senorita Bonita
Left to right: Electric Pineapple, Cha Cha Cha, Blue Iguana
Left to right: Papaya Punch, 108 Degrees, Senorita Bonita
 Electric Pineapple


DESCRIPTION AND REVIEWS:

Electric Pineapple: The nail wheel swatch is not very true to colour, however the picture of the bottle is (I also just added it on my nails, which is pretty good too). This colour is a yellow/light green creme, and it is opaque in two coats. It's really different, and I like it. I know I don't have anything like this in my collection, so it was a good buy.


Cha Cha Cha: I love it!! This is a green shimmer polish. You can see yellow and peachy gold in the shimmer when in the light, it is so gorgeous. It is opaque in three coats, but it can show brush marks which is it's only negative.

Blue Iguana: There is something so nice about this colour blue. This is a bold yale blue colour, with micro shimmer and what seems to be tiny micro sparkles. You can see flecks/shimmer of blue and purple when it is in the light. I don't know what but i'm loving all the blues lately.

Papaya Punch: Okay, so, it is a nice colour, but it's not good for my skin tone. I am very pale, so I think this would be better for a darker skin tone. Also, the nail wheel swatch is not true to colour. This was another one that was hard to capture. The colour is more like the bottle picture. It is a very bright and bold orange creme. Nice for the summer! Also, opaque in two coats.

108 Degrees: This is a berry pink with micro glitter. It was another hard one to swatch because it is a bit lighter than the nail wheel, and it also has was more shimmer than the camera was willing to show. I really like this colour, but it's not very unique. It looks alot like China Glazes' 'Ahoy!', but lighter. Opaque in three coats.

Senorita Bonita: This one is a medium purple colour (Barney purple!!), with micro glitter and shimmer. It's a really nice colour, and when under natural light, it shows pink glitter/shimmer. Once again, the camera didn't like the swatch so it came out darker and didn't show the shimmer it had to offer! Opaque in three coats.

Over all, I like this collection. I found every polish felt so nice after it dried, they were all so smooth. They were all great to work with, and had good formula, and my favorite polish out of all of them wasssssssssssssssss Senorita Bonita!
Tell us what your favorite colour is! We want to know! (That colour just might be included in our giveaway which is coming up VERY SOON!!!) :)
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOUR?
-Kaylie

No comments:

Post a Comment