Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Review: Flaunt Beauty Palette

About a month ago, while wasting time on a lunch break, I decided to check out Icing by Claire's selection of make up and brushes. I really needed a new blending brush for concealer (works wonders! I'll post more about it soon).  A few things had caught my eye previously, but I was a little skeptical of the quality. Lets face it, we've all bought some pretty crappy things from Claires! I walked in and was greeted with "All our make up products are buy one, get one half off" I knew I had picked the right day!  Immediately, the cute packaging caught my eye.  I'm a sucker for anything vintage/pinup. The first palette I picked up was Flaunt Beauty in Smoke Screen, for the life of me I can't remember any of the other ones after I saw the colours this palette featured.



It came with four eyeshadow, a little sponge tipped applicator with a mirrored cover. The eyeshadow are the same size as a MAC eyeshadow for those of you familiar with them. From left to right, you have Champagne (I'm a champagne fiend!), Silk, Charcoal Black, and Fog in the City.  Champagne is comparable to Lancome's Cream Luster (my all time favourite shadow). Silk is a wonderful natural highlight colour for those of us with the gift of ghost. The Charcoal Black is a great matte deep grey colour, perfect for a "classy" smokey eye. Fog in the City is comparable to MAC's Satin Taupe, which is another staple for me. All these colours have great pay off and last through out the day. For a palette that cost me 8.99 Canadian, it is beyond worth it. I've used at least one shadow from this quad every day since purchase. It has the cutest packaging and would be great for your travel make up bag or to just keep in your purse!

Another shot of the cute packaging! and the demon in the mirror...
Sorry for the quality of the swatch, I haven't mastered the technique yet!


Rating: 8/10
I will definitely be purchasing more from Icing!

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment