So today I took advantage of having the day off work and did some nail art. It's actually for a nail comp. and the theme was "under the sea". I think that they turned out pretty nice, although next time I think I would do a different base, China Glaze's Atlantis maybe? My base was CG's For Audrey, with two coats of Revlon's Galaxy, along with another two coats of La Colors teal glitter on top of that.
The colour was beautiful, it's just that it pulled soooo much, so I had a bit of visible nail :(.
Here are the colours used to create this look:
- CG - For Audrey (base)
- LA Colours Art Deco - Teal Gitter (base)
- Revlon - Galaxy (base)
- SH Insta Dri - Whirlwind White (under most colours)
- Avon Nailwear Pro - Sunshine (sand)
- Gosh - Flamingo (fish)
- Nicole by OPI - you're an angel (fish)
- Nicole by OPI - fresh squeezed (fish and coral)
- Nicole by OPI - yellow, it's me - matte (seaweed)
- SH Insta-Dri - Lickety Split Lime
- la colours - baby pink, fun in the sun (both mixed together with SH whirlwind white) (jelly fish)
- Nicole by OPI - I'm a Belieber (jelly fish)
- Seche Vite
If you didn't notice, I didn't use a base coat with this design. I usually use OPI's nail envy, but I recently ran out.
I think i'm ready for a change.. What base coat do you recommend??